Rice is not just any grain for me, it is a sentiment. A sentiment that cannot be explained, but has to be experienced. From the Palakkadan matta to the Basmati and everything in between, I love them all. And don’t even get me started on rice flour and all the things we make out of it! I had an existential crisis when rice was suddenly banished from my life one fine day.
I have sepia-coloured disjointed memories of freshly harvested paddy being brought (to my grandparents’ ) home, stored in a room made entirely out of wood, the long drawn out process of par-boiling rice, the rhythmic sounds of hand-pounding rice to make rice flour, and some others that I’m struggling to remember… those were the days my friend.
If you’re wondering, “Heyyyy, I thought I signed up on a low carb forum! Who let this lost soul, who dropped her A1C from 12.5 to sub 5 levels without medications, wander in here with her sob… errr… carb stories?”, stay with me, stay with me, I’ll get to the point. Eventually!
Here we go!
- LCHF / Keto Rice Alternative Recipe #1: Macros not computed as two versions are possible.
- LCHF / Keto Rice Alternative Recipe #2: Calorie: 428 kcal; Carbs: 7.5% ; Proteins: 8.5%; Fat: 84%.
- LCHF / Keto Rice Alternative Recipe #3: Calorie: 464 kcal; Carbs: ~8%; Proteins: 7%; Fat: 85%.
- LCHF / Keto Rice Alternative Recipe #4: Calorie: 341 kcal; Carbs: ~6%; ~Proteins: 18%; Fat: 76%.
- LCHF / Keto Rice Alternative Recipe #5: Calorie: 582 kcal; Carbs: 9%; Proteins: 20%; Fat: 71%.
- LCHF / Keto Rice Alternative Recipe #6: Calorie: 635 kcal; Carbs: 7.5%; Proteins: 14.5%; Fat: 78%.
- LCHF / Keto Rice Alternative Recipe #7: Calorie: 399 kcal; Carbs: 15%; Proteins: 6%; Fat: 79%.
Since I am a Keto follower, all my macro calculations are based on "net carbs".
For details of recipe, including ingredients, preparation method and picture(s), signup by clicking the “Join Now” button below.