Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine, famously said, “If someone wishes for good health, one must first ask oneself if he is ready to do away with the reasons for his illness. Only then is it possible to help him.”
At dlife.in, we put this concept to good use and it has yielded splendid results – metabolic profile improvements in all dLifers who have actively engaged in learning the art of substitution. For us diabetics, this involves doing away with the very foods that lead to our condition. Asking an Indian to quit eating Rotis or Idlis or Dhoklas, is like snatching away a favourite toy from a kid; and then again, it is not nearly impossible either.
The mental clarity and creativity spurred by a brain-on-ketones is something to be experienced first-hand. It is important for every diabetic, and anyone with other metabolic dysfunctions such as high cholesterol or thyroid disorders, to know how their body reacts to different types and portions of food.
What can substitution do for you?
• We need to push the reset button on our diets. Substitute the spikers with their healthier versions.
• Gain Insights by substituting one meal at a time and progress to all meals.
• Alter your relationship with food. You don’t need to eat 5 times a day.
• What goes around comes around – your improved health is a catalyst to teach others.
At the end of 3 months or more, it will dawn on you that you have gained enough insights to maintain the low carb rhythm with ease and confidence. That, my friends, is a moment of empowerment only you can gift yourself. You don’t have to do this alone. dLife will be with you, each step of the way. This is an aspect where the dLife forum excels in teaching every individual the secret to their metabolism and personal thresholds to watch out for. Learning the tools from the collective wisdom of experts at DLIFE puts you in the driver’s seat of your health. “Fake it till you make it”, is a popular adage Texans use when they are learning something new. It applies to all of us, as we learn the ropes of substitution.
The art of substitution knows no limits at dLife.in
• Recipes for roti at dLife are created with carefully planned substitutions for wheat with measured macro-nutrients – it takes the brain-work out initially when you are learning to manage your diet.
• Super seven series for 7 day meals with healthy substitutes provide an easy to mimic weekly plan.
• Brilliant substitutions abound in low carb instant desserts.
• You can continue to enjoy the familiar flavours for favourite foods with low carb substitutions.
The word ‘substitute’ often has a negative connotation, that it is somehow inferior to the original. At dLife, we turned it around and gave it a new meaning. It also extends to how we dLifers have taken charge, and are gaining momentum to substitute sickness with health and vibrancy. Your well-being matters to you, your family, your community and to your nation. This grassroots movement of Indian LCHF diet, heralded by dLife.in is catching on like wild fire. Way to go dLife.in!